Mishimoto started by placing a large 19-row oil cooler in the front of the vehicle, where it gets the most amount of airflow. The Mishimoto 2015-2021 WRX oil cooler kit is designed to work with the stock transmission cooler, creating a system that is ready for any challenge.
When installed, the Mishimoto engineers put the transmission cooler through a series of rigorous tests, including driving the vehicle, fully-loaded with occupants and supplier, up a steep grade to measure the efficiency of the 19-row oil cooler. Mishimoto engineers saw consistent 20°F (6.7°C) drops in transmission fluid temperatures, with temperature decreases even during normal driving. If you drive your CVT WRX hard on the racetrack or street, the Mishimoto CVT Transmission cooler is a must!
Mishimoto engineers thought of everything for your 2015-2021 WRX with this simple and easy-to-install kit. The application-specific mounting brackets feature mounting holes for popular aftermarket horns. The rubber lines are pre-cut to length and fit with your stock transmission fittings. All of the necessary hardware and clamps are supplied, making this installation simple. The oil cooler is available in either Sleek Silver or Stealth Black to suit your taste. As with all of our 2015-2021 WRX parts, this kit includes the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty.
- 20°F (6.7°C) temperature decrease compared to using only the stock transmission cooler
- Direct fit with no cutting or modification to the vehicle
- 19-row stacked-plate oil cooler is front mounted for maximum airflow
- Mounting brackets include provisions for aftermarket horns
- Works in conjunction with the stock transmission cooler
- Works with the Mishimoto engine oil cooler kit
- Cooler available in Sleek Silver or Stealth Black
- *Adds approximately 1 qt of transmission fluid
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
22 in-lbs (2.5N*M) recommended for all worm-gear clamps. These clamps have an operating range of 18-27 in-lbs 2-3N*M. Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 27 in-lbs (3N*M).
Recommended torque specification for all straight fittings and banjo bolts: 15-25 ft/lbs (operating range). Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 35 ft/lbs.
It is the installer’s responsibility to check all thermostat plugs, NPT plugs, line fittings, and other connections to assure they are fully tightened before operating the vehicle. Mishimoto recommends that you check all connections at regular intervals, especially during the first few miles after installation.