What’s New for Version 2?
- Redesigned the internal piston to eliminate the potential failure points we saw in our V1 design.
- Adjusted tension of the internal spring to better suit the operating environments we’ve seen after further testing and development.
- Updated the design of the main body for a better CNC milling finish.
- Exchanged the internal brass piston from V1 for a lighter weight hard aluminum piston, resulting in better valve response.
- Removed the inspection port which was primarily used for quality control, but it is not required with the new design.
The days of sacrificing performance to leaky BPVs are over, because the long-awaited GrimmSpeed Bypass Valves are here!
Our passion for building the most robust, best-performing parts on the market has driven us to create the finest version of one of the hardest-working parts of your vehicle’s turbo system. Best of all, we’re offering these BPVs in all of the major EJ and FA engine fitments including the 08-14 WRX/05-09 LGT, 04-21 STI and 15-21 WRX.
In testing of stock bypass valves, we saw repeated internal leakage at boost levels as low as 8psi in the FA20 and 19psi in the EJ variant. As always the case with GrimmSpeed Products, we focus on form AND function, and these units are no exception. We aimed to create an extremely durable bypass valve that could hold double the pressure of the stock unit, while still being a stylish part that compliments the other GrimmSpeed Parts under your hood.
When designing the 15-21 WRX (FA) unit we paid special attention to size. This was important due to a high number of hoses, wires and hard parts needing to pass through this same compact space. We were able to keep the same large 38mm piston, but slim down the footprint of the valve making working in that area easier than with the factory part. With the GrimmSpeed Bypass Valve installed, a definite crispness and sound change is noticeable through the intake and due to the leak free nature of our valve, the car builds boost much more quickly over the leak-prone OEM version.
- CNC-Machined 6061 Aluminum
- Corrosion resistant anodized finish, available in both red and black
- Oversized 38mm anodized aluminum piston for superior flow
- Swivel air fitting to aid in install and for accommodating custom setups
- No tuning or adjustment required