The GrimmSpeed Stage 1 Power Package is an excellent place to start when modifying your 2008-2014 Subaru STI. The upgraded GrimmSpeed 3-Port Boost Control Solenoid offers more accurate and more responsive boost control and is a must when having your vehicle professionally tuned. The GrimmSpeed Intake adds an additional performance increase by reducing pre-turbo restriction, which allows your turbo to build boost more quickly and more efficiently.
With the GrimmSpeed Stage 1 Power Package and a tune, expect to see a decrease in time to spool, rock solid boost control and an increase in torque and horsepower, The Electronic Boost Control Solenoid keeps boost in the system instead of bleeding it away like the factory configuration. This, coupled with its extremely fast and precise response, makes for an invaluable tool for tuning your boost curve. The Cold Air Intake decreases restriction before the turbo’s compressor. This decrease in restriction increases compressor efficiency, which builds boost pressure faster and higher.
Stage 1 Package Features
- Decrease Spool Time – Lower intake restriction and better boost control
- Plug and Play into OEM Harness – No splicing wires like other BCS solutions
- Hybrid Cold Air/Short Ram Design – Combining the advantages and eliminating the negatives of both traditional intake designs
- Air straightener – Dimensionally mimics the factory configuration for accurate MAF sensor readings
- MAF sensor location – Inside heat shield, isolated from engine bay heat
- Custom reusable high flow air filter – Integrated velocity stack entrance smooths incoming air
- Made in the USA – Right here in Minnesota, in fact
- 60min Installation – Extremely simple with our written and video guides
It’s important to note that all GrimmSpeed Staged Power Packages require a proper tune.