TAKE YOUR SUBARU TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH A GRIMMSPEED TURBOCHARGER!
The GrimmSpeed Overtake BB500 turbocharger features world class power delivery and quick spool characteristics. It remains a stock location EJ turbo, but features a larger 55lb compressor wheel and massive 60mm turbine wheel to allow the engine to really breathe at high RPM. Just like with the Chase JB400, drivability was our #1 goal and by combining slick aero wheel designs with a dual ceramic ball bearing center housing rotating assembly, we were able to achieve superior spool results. When bolted onto our 2020 STI Shop Car, we were able to produce 488WHP and 515WTQ. The design philosophy was to keep the turbo in its powerband after shifts and to hold substantially more power than the stock turbo to redline. The Overtake produces 129 horsepower and 109 ft/lbs of torque over a tuned stock STI turbo. This is all accomplished on a vehicle with only simple bolts-on, cars with additional engine work such as cams, intake manifolds, etc will be able to produce even higher gains!
BB500 QUICK SPECS:
- Compressor Wheel Size (Inducer/Exducer): 55.1mm / 74.6mm, 54 Trim
- Turbine Wheel Size (Inducer/Exducer): 60mm / 55.1mm, 84 Trim
- Compressor Flow: 55lb-min
- Compressor Inlet Diameter: 2.4″
- Compressor Wheel Type Material/Alloy: Billet 2618
- Compressor Housing Alloy: A356
- Turbine Housing Alloy: D5S
- Bearing Type: Ceramic Ball
- Ceramic ball bearing design, featuring silver-plated 4340 bearing cages
- Dual piston rings and advance oil flinger design to combat oil leakage and CHRA pressurization
- Compressor A/R: 0.65
- Turbine A/R: 0.88
- Adjustable Wastegate: Pre-set at 15Psi base pressure