This model has been developed for high powered street cars and race cars with up to approximately 600TQ @ FW. They feature ventilated, thick intermediate plates for improved life and spring damper discs to protect your transmission and drive line. “HD” kits have slightly high clamp load than their “SD” counterparts and have approximately 20% higher power capacity.
EXEDY Lightweight Flywheel
EXEDY Lightweight Flywheels combine low weight, low inertia and high thermal capacity. They are designed for light to moderately tuned racing cars for drag racing, autocross and rally events, as well as street usage. They are made from solid one-piece billet chromoly steel or chromoly steel forgings. They are specifically designed to reduce weight and inertia for better engine response. Most incorporate special design features to enhance the airflow which improves the cooling of the clutch.
The ring gear teeth are integrated onto the flywheel unlike an aluminum flywheel where the ring gear is pressed onto the flywheel and has the possibility of separating from the flywheel due to the different expansion coefficients of aluminum and steel.
EXEDY lightweight flywheels have passed engineering tests to 15,000-18,000 RPM. They are guaranteed not to fail to the said RPM, and are all SFI approved.
- Disk Material – Cerametalic Twin Disc
- Torque Capacity – 511 Wheel ft/lbs
- Push style Clutch
- Pedal Feel – light pedal pressure thanks to a half-engaged “zone” provided by the patented clutch “cushion” function
- Developed for high powered street cars and race cars with up to approximately 600TQ @ FW.
- SFI 1.1 Certification
- Purple Anodized Forged Aluminum Clutch Cover
- Lightweight Chromoly Steel Flywheel
- Flywheel Bolts
- Clutch Alignment Tool