The 2015 WRX has tons to offer with its turbocharged engine and fantastic AWD system, but the stock 2015-2021 WRX liquid-to-liquid oil cooler cannot handle prolonged aggressive driving conditions.
This 2015 WRX kit is designed to work in conjunction with the stock liquid-to-liquid to maintain optimal oil temperature. Properly regulated oil temperatures becomes even more important if you have modified your vehicle or spend time tracking your 2015-2021 WRX. Mishimoto’s direct-fit 2015-2021 WRX oil cooler is engineered to reduce oil temperatures and extend the life of your engine. For optimal airflow and cooling, this kit includes a large 19-row cooler that is mounted in the front bumper with robust application-specific brackets. The included application-specific CNC-machined aluminum sandwich plate has been designed to allow proper clearance of the stock oil filter.
This 2015-2021 WRX kit includes preassembled stainless steel lines with -10AN fittings to help direct the oil to and from the cooler. With this setup, your 2015-2021 WRX can achieve a +25°F (+13.9°C) drop in oil temperatures with minimal pressure loss. The Mishimoto Subaru WRX Oil Cooler Kit is available with either a Sleek Silver or Stealth Black oil cooler. As with all our 2015-2021 WRX parts, this kit includes the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty.
- Direct fit for the 2015-2021 Subaru WRX
- Proven 20+°F (11.1+°C) drop in oil temperature
- Full bolt-on oil cooling solution for street and track vehicles
- No modification necessary for installation
- Billet aluminum thermostatic oil sandwich plate allows oil to reach optimum temperature
- 19-row oil cooler strategically mounted in the lower grille for maximum airflow
- CNC-machined aluminum spacer for the oil sandwich plate
- Silicone hose bypasses stock liquid-to-liquid heat exchanger
- Includes preassembled stainless steel braided oil lines with -10AN fittings
- Cooler available in Sleek Silver or Stealth Black
- Increases oil capacity by 0.75 qt
- This oil cooler kit retains the use of your stock liquid to liquid oil cooler unit
- Easily replaceable thermostat allows you to customize your fluid temperature
- Additional thermostats available in 160°F, 185°F, and 200°F
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
Recommended torque specification for all straight fittings and banjo bolts: 15-25 ft/lbs (operating range). Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 35 ft/lbs.
It is the installer’s responsibility to check all thermostat plugs, NPT plugs, line fittings, and other connections to assure they are fully tightened before operating the vehicle. Mishimoto recommends that you check all connections at regular intervals, especially during the first few miles after installation.
Mishimoto fully inspects and cleans all products prior to packaging. However, it is recommended that customers flush the oil cooler with one quart of clean oil prior to installation to remove any debris accumulated during shipping.