TAKE YOUR SUBARU TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH A GRIMMSPEED TURBOCHARGER!
The Chase JB400 Turbo is a journal bearing unit that is a perfect bolt-on to any stage 3 car, with which you are able to maximize the car’s power potential with instant results through installation/tuning. The Chase Version was able to hit 440WHP and 460WTQ on The GrimmSpeed Stage 3-equipped 2020 STI with the addition of only tuning and fuel mods. The impressive bit is that the vehicle was able to hold over 400WTQ from 4150RPM, an RPM range where the stock turbo begins to lose power. Compared to a tuned stock turbo STI, the Chase 400 is able to produce 70 more horsepower and 66 more ft/lbs of torque.
JB400 QUICK SPECS:
- Compressor Wheel Size (Inducer/Exducer): 51.2mm / 73.8mm Extended tip, 48 Trim
- Turbine Wheel Size (Inducer/Exducer): 53.8mm / 47mm, 76 Trim
- Compressor Flow: 49 lb-min
- Compressor Inlet Diameter: 2.4″
- Compressor Wheel Type Material/Alloy: Billet 2618
- Compressor Housing Alloy: A356
- Turbine Housing Alloy: D5S
- Bearing Type: Journal
- Severe duty 360 degree thrust bearing and twin hydrodynamic bearings –very robust for this size of turbocharger, to ensure reliability at high boost levels and in race applications
- Dual piston rings and advance oil flinger design to combat oil leakage and CHRA pressurization
- Compressor A/R: 0.65
- Turbine A/R: 0.88
- Adjustable Wastegate: Pre-set at 15Psi base pressure